Nikon Europe B.V. and all Nikon subsidiaries in Europe are closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and following the guidance of each local health authorities. Learn more about the measures we have put in place.
The BioStudio-T offers a unique imaging platform with a stationary sample surface and moving objective lens. This configuration allows observation of mechanically sensitive samples, such as stem cells, with minimal perturbation. The fixed-stage, scanning lens system also provides a superior solution for long-term time lapse imaging and large image acquisition (tiling). Furthermore, the unique sample holder enables users to remove the sample vessel for media exchange during imaging routines without losing track of sample position.
The Biostudio T was designed specifically for research applications in the field of regenerative medicine and stem cell biology and for use in cell manufacturing facilities.
- Compatible with a variety of sterilization techniques: The BioStudio-T features an exceptionally waterproof and chemical-resistant design. This easy-to-clean microscope may be sterilized using hydrogen peroxide gas and/or UV sterilization methods. The compact footprint allows for installation of the BioStudio-T in various isolators, incubators, and biosafety cabinets.
- Unparalleled flexibility in large image acquisition: Compatible with a variety of objective lenses (phase contrast), multi-well plates and other culture vessels.
- Cell-friendly: The microscope stage is completely stationary during image acquisition, eliminating unwanted mechanical disturbances to the sample. Internal optics move to acquire images in different XY and Z positions. A cell-friendly red LED is used for sample illumination, and only turns on during image acquisition.
- Simple interface: Observe results from a personal computer with a cable connection to the main body and control box.
- Suggested applications in stem cell biology: Observation of cell differentiation, cell division, colony formation, infiltration of cancer cells, scratch assays, and more.
Quickly Scan and Tile
Scan the entire cell growth surface area in a plate, dish, or flask in a matter of minutes. High contrast phase images are automatically stitched to generate high resolution data for label-free analysis.