We are closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19 (coronavirus) and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and federal, state and local health authorities. Learn more about the measures we have put in place.
Nikon Joins Inaugural Directors Meeting for Centers of Excellence and Nikon Imaging Centers
Aug 17, 2017
Presentations focused on future technologies and enhanced collaboration among centers
Nikon Instruments Inc. held its inaugural Nikon Center of Excellence and Nikon Imaging Center directors meeting on August 1-2. Hosted by Simon C. Watkins at the Center for Biologic Imaging, University of Pittsburgh, this is the first time the center directors have convened as a group with Nikon to discuss their current research and how to enhance collaboration.
Nikon Imaging Centers and Centers of Excellence are collaborative microscopy centers that are dedicated to providing top academic and research institutions with pioneering imaging technologies and enhanced research capabilities. The centers seek to better scientific understanding while also giving these leaders a voice in future Nikon product development.
Throughout the event, directors from the individual centers presented about a range of applications being carried out at their facilities. They also addressed their center’s needs in terms of imaging technology, data management and support.
“This meeting was a big step forward for the Nikon Imaging Center and Center of Excellence network," said Stephen Ross, Ph.D., General Manager, Products and Marketing, Nikon Instruments. “Cutting-edge research is happening at each of these centers, and we are excited to help facilitate better collaboration between the centers and Nikon. We look forward to continuing to learn from them about their specific needs as we develop the next generation of imaging technology.”
Those in attendance included:
- Darcy S. Peterka, Columbia University
- Gary Laevsky, Princeton University
- Matt Kofron, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- Randy Blakely, Florida Atlantic University
- Ken Dawson-Scully, Florida Atlantic University
- James A.J. Fitzpatrick, Washington University
- Bryan A. Mills, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Joshua Rappoport, Northwestern University
- Mark Sanders, University of Minnesota
- Jose Lasalde, The University of Puerto Rico
- Gustavo Menezes, Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Jennifer Waters, Harvard Medical School
- Anna Payne-Tobin Jost, Harvard Medical School
- James Chambers, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Enfu Hui, UC San Diego
- Kathy Spencer, The Scripps Research Institute
- Simon C. Watkins, University of Pittsburgh
- Claudette St. Croix, University of Pittsburgh
- Nikon Instruments Inc. (President, VP for Sales, GM for Product & Marketing, GM for Service, GM for Software, Senior Management from Sales, Product & Marketing)
- Nikon Corp. Members (Senior Management from Planning and Product Development)