Effective October 29, 2018
(a) this Nikon website and any other Nikon websites including any of its microsites or subsites (collectively, “Nikon Owned Websites”). Nikon Owned Websites are the property of Nikon, its affiliates and/or its licensors;
(c) Other electronic, in-person, hard copy written or other means by which you may provide us with information, such as by requesting a quote for or other information about our products, purchasing products such as spare parts or accessories from Nikon, by participating in Nikon-related contests, sweepstakes and/or other promotions, by communicating with Nikon at trade shows, meetings, conferences or events, by applying for employment, by presenting products for service, and/or by registering your product.
- Our Commitment to Privacy
- Notice to California Residents
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use Collected Information
- Who We Share Information With
- Links to Non-Nikon Owned Sites
- Online Behavioral Advertising
- Social Media
- Do Not Track Signals
- Our Commitment to Information Security
- Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
- How To Access or Update Your Information
- Your Privacy Preferences Regarding Personally Identifiable Information – Opting In/Out
- How To Contact Us
1. Our Commitment to Privacy Nikon recognizes that the protection of information that it receives from you is very important. Collecting information allows Nikon to better understand and to be more responsive to you, as well as to develop and maintain websites relevant to your needs, and assists us in managing our business better. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
2. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS If you are a California resident, you may, one time per calendar year, request a notice regarding the categories of personally identifiable information disclosed by Nikon (if any) during the immediately preceding 12-month period to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, and the name and address of any such third parties. To obtain such a notice, please send a written request by postal mail to Nikon Instruments Inc., 1300 Walt Whitman Road, Melville, New York 11747, Attention: Legal Department.
3. The Information We Collect We collect both Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Personally Identifiable Information, each defined below, that you provide to us through the Communication Points.
Personally Identifiable Information is information collected from the Communication Points that is associated with a person’s name or personal identity and can be used to identify or contact you. It includes but is not limited to such information as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number (mobile and/or landline), fax number, and credit/debit card information. We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of thirteen.
4. How We Use Collected Information
Nikon uses collected information (both Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information) to provide you with the goods, services, quotes, or other information that you request, and also to help us better understand the needs and interests of consumers so that we may more closely meet your needs. For example, we may use Personally Identifiable Information to help you complete a transaction or order with us, to respond to your inquiries and requests, to provide and update you on our customer services and support, to notify you of promotional or special offers, to communicate with you about our products and services, to allow you to participate in an interactive feature, to invite you to participate in surveys about our products and/or services, to send you information about Nikon products, services, promotions, events, firmware or software updates, and service advisories, to suggest how to more effectively use your Nikon products, and/or to help us determine other Nikon products, services or information that may be of interest to you (see Section 13 below, “Your Privacy Preferences Regarding Personally Identifiable Information-Opting In/Out” regarding communications to you). Personally Identifiable Information in the form of credit/debit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention.
5. Who We Share Information With
6. Links to Non-Nikon Owned Sites
7. Online Behavioral Advertising
Nikon may participate in targeted advertising, whereby you may receive advertisements that may be of interest to you on Nikon Owned Websites and/or Non-Nikon Owned Websites from Nikon, third party advertisers or advertising networks. These advertisements are selected based on an assessment of your on-line browsing behavior, search activities and/or demographic information. We do not share Personally Identifiable Information for this purpose. If you receive a behaviorally targeted advertisement as stated above, you may click on the icon displayed on the advertisement to receive more information, including instructions for opting out from receiving further advertisements from that particular advertising network. Your opt-out choices may depend on your specific device or browser settings and some websites or browsers may have different features regarding your ability to choose which ads to display or opt out from receiving. Please refer to the applicable website that you are visiting for additional information. For ad networks or other third parties who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, or who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”), you can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from such parties by visiting the opt-out pages on the DAA website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and/or the NAI website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
8. Social Media
Some Nikon Owned Websites include, display and/or host social media buttons, links and other features (collectively, “Social Media Buttons”) that allow you to share your online activities (including but not limited to on Nikon Owned Websites) on third party social media networks such as, for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and others (each, a “Social Media Platform”). If you are logged into one of your Social Media Platform accounts when you visit a Nikon Owned Website, the Social Media Platform may receive information about your visit to the Nikon Owned Website. Your use of Social Media Platforms and your interactions with the Social Media Buttons from a Nikon Owned Website are subject to and governed by the individual privacy policies of each respective Social Media Platform.
9. Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers may have a “do not track” option that allows you to opt out of having your on-line activities tracked. As a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed regarding this technology, the Nikon Owned Websites are not currently set up to respond to this feature, and we do not take action to respond to such “do not track” signals.
10. Our Commitment To Information Security
Information security is important at Nikon, and while no security measure is perfect or impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you provide to us, you can be assured that we maintain physical, electronic and administrative measures and safeguards and periodically review these security measures and safeguards to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from unauthorized or inappropriate access and use.
11. Our Commitment To Children's Privacy
Our Communication Points are not directed at minors, and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from or about children under the age of thirteen. Should any parent or guardian discover that his/her child has provided personal information to Nikon, please contact Nikon by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have such information deleted from our records.
12. How To Access or Update Your Information
You can access, edit and/or update any Personally Identifiable Information that you provided to us by contacting us by email at email@example.com. We use this procedure to better safeguard your Personally Identifiable Information. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to edit or update your Personally Identifiable Information.
13. Your Privacy Preferences Regarding Personally Identifiable Information-Opting In/Out
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from Nikon by notifying us that you do not wish to receive such information by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you have opted out of receiving promotional communications from us, Nikon may still send you non-promotional communications (such as, for example, information about your accounts or purchases).
15. How To Contact Us