Location: North of England
Division: Microscope Solutions, Healthcare Business Unit
Purpose of Job: Achieve territory sales target by developing and managing relationships with customers, ensuring they receive outstanding customer service
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager (North)
Delivery of sales plan
- Delivery of net sales budgets and targets, ensuring all appropriate actions are taken in order to maximise sales performance
Sales strategy development
- Create, deliver and execute territory and customer sales strategies, frequently reviewing and updating action plans
Customer relationship management
- Build, develop and maintain long-term relationships with customer base, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of solutions to customers’ needs
Internal stakeholder management
- Ensure that all customer issues are resolved promptly through effective, timely internal communication
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree in Biosciences or STEM discipline
- Knowledge of the UK science capital equipment market
- Proven ability to deliver sales targets and outstanding customer service
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- General interest in science, microscopy and scientific imaging
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to build rapport, and to influence & engage at all levels of business
- Outgoing & confident
- Able to work as a team member as well as being able to work independently and efficiently from home, with strong time-management skills
- Live in, or be prepared to relocate to within, the Leeds/York area
- Current UK driving licence
- Base salary will depend on experience: £30-35,000 per annum
- On-target commission: £10,000; maximum commission: £20,000 per annum
- Subsistence allowance of £1,128 per annum
- Car allowance of £6,900 per annum
- Employee assistance programme
- Discount on Nikon products
- Pension scheme
- Income protection insurance
- Life assurance
- Private health care*
- Dental scheme*
- Holiday: 27 days per year, rising to 32 with years of service
*qualifying periods apply
Nikon UK Limited is a subsidiary of the Nikon Corporation, Tokyo, Japan. Nikon Corporation currently employs over 26,000 people worldwide and has an annual turnover in excess of £5.8 billion. Established in 1917, the company is a leading supplier of micro-optical instruments from digital cameras to microscopes to Photolithography systems for the semiconductor sector. The Corporation has a presence in all major trading areas. The business of the Corporation is multi-faceted; there are 2,300 products that carry the Nikon name and over 300 types of glass are used across the product range.
Nikon UK office was established in 1979. The Head Office is on the edge of Richmond Park near Kingston upon Thames and a total of approximately 125 staff are employed across two divisions (Imaging and Instruments).
The Instruments Division in the UK is experiencing a sustained period of growth and Nikon is recognised as one of the leading suppliers in the field, in direct competition with Leica, Olympus and Zeiss.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please click ‘Apply’ at the top of the page, and reference the specific role that you are interested in applying for.
We will be in touch should Nikon be able to offer you a potentially suitable career opportunity.