Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Division: Nikon Instruments Europe B.V.
Department: European Strategy - Sales & Marketing
Purpose of Job: In this position, you will be the key person to deliver impactful marketing communication activity including copywriting for digital and printed material, management of digital media and information sharing sites, production of promotional merchandise, monitoring market trends, coordination of tradeshow events, supporting product management activity throughout the product lifecycle. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, implement and plan visibility of communication materials and platforms for Nikon, offering proposals, plans and delivering actions to support the product and applications portfolio, and to establish Nikon as leading microscopy educators in Europe.
Reports to: European Customer Relationship Manager
- Co-ordinate internal and external marketing communications
- Plan and create specific marketing & sales material required for product launch and lifetime promotions
- Plan and execute activities associated with specific marketing events, conferences, trade shows, symposium
- Manage digital media platforms (internal and external)
- Conduct and report on market research associated with competitor activity and customer need
- Support the development of marketing strategies and carry out functions needed to deliver actions
- Be a Nikon networking ambassador
- Provide input to European Strategy, Product & Marketing department
Desired skills and experience
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Biosciences, Chemistry or similar
- Diploma in marketing highly desirable
- 3+ years professional experience in a comparable position within a scientific B2B industry such as Product Specialist, Marketing Executive, Marketing Coordinator
- Proficient in MS Office (Dynamics 365, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project & Outlook)
- Good knowledge of light microscopy and advanced Bioscience technologies and marketplaces
- Extensive experience in project management, particular running multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Good experience and commitment in providing high quality customer service, to ensure customer needs are met and expectations are exceeded
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills (fluency in English required, other languages desirable) with people at all levels
- Ability to build trust and interact with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to define, plan and work in accordance with business priorities and deadlines
- Approaches problem-solving with a creative, positive, analytical and systematic approach to reach optimal solutions
- Willingness to travel within Europe, Middle-East and Africa
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Today, Nikon is a world-renowned brand, firmly established as a market leader in optical instrumentation and the only microscope company to manufacture its own glass, ensuring the very finest quality assurance throughout production. With over 100 years of expertise in the field, Nikon’s microscope range is at the leading edge of technological development and continues to help scientists around the world in undertaking ground-breaking research.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please click ‘Apply’ at the top of the page, and reference the specific role that you are interested in applying for.
We will be in touch should Nikon be able to offer you a potentially suitable career opportunity.