Location: Midlands & North of England
Division: Microscope Solutions, Healthcare Business Unit
Purpose of Job: Support sales team with delivery of Advanced Imaging system sales
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager (North)
Support sales team with delivery of Advanced Imaging system sales
- Provide outstanding support to the sales team for Advanced Imaging system sales
- Support the delivery of net sales budgets and targets, ensuring all appropriate actions are taken in order to maximise sales performance
Delivery of customer training requirements for Advanced Imaging Systems
- Ensure initial and ongoing customer training requirements are understood and delivered to a high standard
Desired skills and experience:
- A dynamic, pro-active approach to working with customers, quickly addressing their needs and ensuring any issues and challenges are resolved swiftly
- A proven ability to put the customer’s requirements at the heart of what they do, striving to deliver high quality customer service at all times
- An outgoing, confident individual with excellent interpersonal skills who is able to quickly build strong rapport with customers and able to influence and engage effectively at all levels of the business
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with the ability to articulate ideas and decisions in a clear and convincing way
- A strong understanding of the laboratory environment, microscopy industry and live cell imaging biological applications
- A quick learner who is able to assimilate new information and shows a passion for self-development
- A well-organised approach to managing workload, being able to prioritise effectively and demonstrate strong time-management skills
- Previous experience of selling scientific instruments would be beneficial, though not essential
- Demonstrable ability to hold themselves and others accountable to their responsibilities
- Current, full UK driving license
- Living or willing to relocate to Edinburgh/Glasgow region
- Competitive salary
- Subsistence allowance
- Employee assistance programme
- Discount on Nikon products
- Permanent health insurance*
- Life insurance*
- Private health care*
- Dental scheme*
- Holiday: 27 days per year, rising to 32 with years of service
*qualifying periods apply
Nikon UK Limited is a subsidiary of the Nikon Corporation, Tokyo, Japan. Nikon Corporation currently employs over 26,000 people worldwide and has an annual turnover in excess of £5.8 billion. Established in 1917, the company is a leading supplier of micro-optical instruments from digital cameras to microscopes to Photolithography systems for the semiconductor sector. The Corporation has a presence in all major trading areas. The business of the Corporation is multi-faceted; there are 2,300 products that carry the Nikon name and over 300 types of glass are used across the product range.
Nikon UK office was established in 1979. The Head Office is on the edge of Richmond Park near Kingston upon Thames and a total of approximately 125 staff are employed across two divisions (Imaging and Instruments).
The Instruments Division in the UK is experiencing a sustained period of growth and Nikon is recognised as one of the leading suppliers in the field, in direct competition with Leica, Olympus and Zeiss.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please click ‘Apply’ at the top of the page, and reference the specific role that you are interested in applying for.
We will be in touch should Nikon be able to offer you a potentially suitable career opportunity.