Location: London, United Kingdom
Division: Microscope Solutions, Healthcare Business Unit
Purpose of Job: Achieve territory sales target by developing and managing relationships with customers, ensuring they receive outstanding customer service
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Delivery of sales plan
- Delivery of net sales budgets and targets, ensuring all appropriate actions are taken in order to maximise sales performance
Sales strategy development
- Create, deliver and execute territory and customer sales strategies, frequently reviewing and updating action plans
Customer relationship management
- Build, develop and maintain long-term relationships with customer base, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of solutions to customers’ needs
Internal stakeholder management
- Ensure that all customer issues are resolved promptly through effective, timely internal communication
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree in Biosciences or STEM discipline
- Awareness of the UK science capital equipment market
- Proven ability to deliver sales targets and to deliver consistently outstanding customer service
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications
- Able to organise/prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Interest in science, microscopy, scientific imaging
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to build rapport, and to influence & engage at all levels of business
- Outgoing & confident
- Able to work as a team member as well as being able to work independently and efficiently from home, with strong time-management skills
- Live, or be prepared to relocate to, within 1 hour’s journey of central London
- Able to work long days, be absent overnight & travel abroad occasionally
- Current UK driving licence
- Demonstrable right to work in the UK
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Eligible for commission
- Subsistence allowance
- Car allowance
- Private medical & dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance/Income protection insurance
- Holidays: 27 days per year
Founded in Japan in 1917, Nikon is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and instrument technology. Globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance, the unique strength of the Nikon brand is attributable to the company’s unwavering commitment to quality, performance, technology and innovation.
Across the world, the business employs over 20,000 people with a geographical footprint spanning Asia, Europe, North America, South America and, of course, Japan where the company is headquartered.
Nikon UK is based in central Surbiton and is the site for Nikon’s Imaging and Instruments business. Nikon is a well-established brand within the Northern Europe market, with sales in excess of £80 million in the UK. Around 80 employees are based either in the field or in our central Surbiton office. The company has a dynamic, inclusive and collaborative culture, where people succeed on ability and merit. With a strong focus on teamwork, employee engagement and sustainability, there is a strong sense of company identity.
For further information, please visit www.microscope.healthcare.nikon.com
If you are interested and would like to apply, please click ‘Apply’ at the top of the page, and reference the specific role that you are interested in applying for.
We will be in touch should Nikon be able to offer you a potentially suitable career opportunity.