Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Division: Nikon Instruments Europe B.V.
Department: Strategy - Product & Marketing
Purpose of Job: Currently we are looking to recruit a European Product Manager Laser Scanning Confocal & Multi-photon for Nikon Instruments Europe B.V. In this position, you will be the key person to deliver products within budget and timeframe to meet market demand and bring the product to the marketplace. You will develop a deep understanding of market problems and business plans in order to set the strategy and solution by developing marketing programs to build awareness, convert sales and grow revenue. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop, implement and plan product release & visibility by defining how to position the product in the market. You will set the direction by creating a compelling message that communicates the value of the product and will coordinate the launch to global regions in Europe across subsidiaries and distributors sales channels.
Reports to: General Manager Strategy, Product & Marketing
- Guide the product from original concept through the product’s end of life
- Develop a unified European product strategy
- Develop market analyses
- Gather customer knowledge on trends and new products and applications
- Monitor product sales and controls performance vs. budget & forecast
- Assess product requirements and strategic direction based on emerging applications and market demands
- Support local partners with marketing and technical activities in collaboration with the Application Specialist
- Present Nikon products at customer demonstrations, workshops and tradeshows with the Application Specialist
- Assist sales with day-to-day operations for high end systems
- Provide regular sales training, product presentations and sales manuals
- Guide promotions, develop product content and provide content for social media
- Organize product launch with plan, schedule, documents for sales, service, support and promotional tools
- Coordinate the flow of market/customer information to headquarters and contributes to new development
Desired skills and experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in Biology, chemistry, Physics or similar
- Diploma in marketing or product management desirable
- 3+ years professional experience in a comparable position (preferably microscopy industry)
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience in project management
- Extensive knowledge of confocal Microscopy and/ or Multiphoton
- Extensive knowledge of light microscopy and advanced Bioscience technologies
- Extensive knowledge in optics, imaging and software applications
- Knowledge of the microscopy market
- Experience in providing high quality customer service, to ensure customer expectations are exceeded
- Excellent communication skills and behaviour with deep commitment to provide best customers experience
- High efficiency and professionalism with excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English required), other languages desirable, ability to communicate with people at all levels, good presenter
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trust and interact with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail, accurate, organized and structured, but also flexible
- Ability to define, plan and work according to priorities and deadlines
- Proactive, Results driven, Analytical
- Approaches problem-solving creatively, analytically and systematically to reach optimal solutions
- Ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Drive, energy, team player, positive attitude, initiative
- Integrity, maturity, ethical
- Willingness to travel within Europe
Nikon UK Limited is a subsidiary of the Nikon Corporation, Tokyo, Japan. Nikon Corporation currently employs over 26,000 people worldwide and has an annual turnover in excess of £5.8 billion. Established in 1917, the company is a leading supplier of micro-optical instruments from digital cameras to microscopes to Photolithography systems for the semiconductor sector. The Corporation has a presence in all major trading areas. The business of the Corporation is multi-faceted; there are 2,300 products that carry the Nikon name and over 300 types of glass are used across the product range.
Nikon UK office was established in 1979. The Head Office is on the edge of Richmond Park near Kingston upon Thames and a total of approximately 125 staff are employed across two divisions (Imaging and Instruments).
The Instruments Division in the UK is experiencing a sustained period of growth and Nikon is recognised as one of the leading suppliers in the field, in direct competition with Leica, Olympus and Zeiss.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please click ‘Apply’ at the top of the page, and reference the specific role that you are interested in applying for.
We will be in touch should Nikon be able to offer you a potentially suitable career opportunity.