Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Division: Microscope Solutions, Healthcare Business Unit
Purpose of Job: To achieve service targets through effective and efficient resolution of issues, delivering outstanding customer service
Reports to: Field Service Manager
- Delivery of service plan
- Delivery of service targets, ensuring all appropriate actions are taken in order to maximise service performance
- Initiate corrective actions as and when required to maximise customer experience
- Case management
- Build, develop and maintain long-term relationships with customer base, through the timely and successful delivery of planned maintenance and resolutions to customers’ issues
- Ensure that all customer issues are resolved promptly through high quality technical knowledge
- Internal stakeholder management
- Ensure that the progress and action plan for all customer cases are communicated effectively to relevant staff
Desired skills and experience:
- Scientific or engineering degree or equivalent experience in capital medical equipment & associated software
- Advanced knowledge of software packages, firmware, PC maintenance & networking
- Competence in Microsoft software products specifically Office packages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including optical, software, mechanical or electrical disciplines
- Ability to apply proof of principle, protocols, testing and write up results in scientific applications
- Ability to diagnose faults and recommend solutions over the telephone
- Ability to plan, set up & install technical equipment
- Able to drive long distances
- Able to lift up to 25 kg & assemble equipment
- Outgoing & confident
- Able to work as a team member
- Able to work independently and efficiently from home
- Understanding of outstanding customer service
- Living or willing to relocate to within the triangle of Sheffield, Birmingham and Leicester
- Able to work longer days, be absent overnight & travel abroad occasionally, sometimes at short notice.
- During training, (maximum one year), there may be up to three nights away from home every two weeks.
- Full UK driving licence held for at least one year & confidence in city driving
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Subsistence allowance
- Travel allowance
- Private medical & dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance/Income protection insurance
- Holidays: 27 days per year, rising to 32 with years of service
- Discount on Nikon products
Founded in Japan in 1917, Nikon is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and instrument technology. Globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance, the unique strength of the Nikon brand is attributable to the company’s unwavering commitment to quality, performance, technology and innovation.
Across the world, the business employs over 20,000 people with a geographical footprint spanning Asia, Europe, North America, South America and, of course, Japan where the company is headquartered.
Nikon UK is based in central Surbiton and is the site for Nikon’s Imaging and Instruments business. Nikon is a well-established brand within the Northern Europe market, with sales in excess of £80 million in the UK. Around 80 employees are based either in the field or in our central Surbiton office. The company has a dynamic, inclusive and collaborative culture, where people succeed on ability and merit. With a strong focus on teamwork, employee engagement and sustainability, there is a strong sense of company identity.
For further information, please visit www.microscope.healthcare.nikon.com
If you are interested and would like to apply, please click ‘Apply’ at the top of the page, and reference the specific role that you are interested in applying for.
We will be in touch should Nikon be able to offer you a potentially suitable career opportunity.