Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Division: Nikon Instruments Europe B.V.
Department: European Technical Service
Purpose of Job: To strengthen our European Technical Service team, we are looking to recruit a Service Engineer for our Instruments division, Nikon Instruments Europe B.V. The aim of the European Technical Service team is to ensure the highest quality and focus on technical installation, training and service support to customers, Nikon subsidiaries and distributors. The primary responsibility of this position is to install, maintain, repair and serve high-end microscopy systems all across Europe and up to Russia, Turkey, Israel and Africa. This position also involves close collaboration with the service team and the line-manager whilst updating all members of the team about situations in the field.
Reports to: Manager European Service
- Provide high quality technical service to Nikon subsidiaries, distributors, customers and end users for all high-end products distributed by Nikon Instruments Europe B.V., both remote and on-site
- Service and repair incoming in-house repairs
- Install and de-install demo equipment
- Test and update new versions of software/firmware and distribute to Nikon subsidiaries, distributors and end users after official release
- Provide basic and advanced training to Nikon subsidiaries and distributors for low, middle and high-end products
- Support sales activities through exhibitions and demonstrations by performing small modifications and improvements on sales products
- Support service administration activities through punctually submitting service reports, worksheets and other relevant documentation to the European Service Manager
- Collect quality information, especially for new products, from Nikon subsidiaries, distributors and customers and report to the Manager European Service and team
- Share ideas for future new product service support requirements
- Comply to European and local Dutch safety laws and any other relevant (technical) regulations
Desired skills and experience
- Successfully completed technical studies (e.g. Mechanics, Electronics)
- Minimum 2 years of technical service experience, preferably within a multi-national organisation
- Knowledge of various techniques based on complex systems
- Knowledge of microscopy is preferred
- Good analytical ability to solve problems quickly and accurately
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to high quality customer service delivery
- Ability to understand and anticipate customer’s needs
- Team player with positive attitude who takes initiative
- Proficient in MS Office and preferable SAP/Share Point administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills in English (written as well as spoken), knowledge of other European languages is desirable
- Willingness to travel up to 70% of the time
- In possession of a driver’s license
Today, Nikon is a world-renowned brand, firmly established as a market leader in optical instrumentation and the only microscope company to manufacture its own glass, ensuring the very finest quality assurance throughout production. With over 100 years of expertise in the field, Nikon’s microscope range is at the leading edge of technological development and continues to help scientists around the world in undertaking ground-breaking research.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please click ‘Apply’ at the top of the page, and reference the specific role that you are interested in applying for.
We will be in touch should Nikon be able to offer you a potentially suitable career opportunity.