Location: London, United Kingdom
Division: Healthcare Business Unit
Purpose of Job: Support sales team with delivery of Advanced Imaging system sales
Reports to: Advanced Imaging Manager
Support sales team with delivery of Advanced Imaging system sales
- Provide outstanding support to the sales team for Advanced Imaging system sales
Support the delivery of net sales budgets and targets, ensuring all appropriate actions are taken in order to maximise sales performance
Delivery of customer training requirements for Advanced Imaging Systems
- Ensure initial and ongoing customer training requirements are understood and delivered to a high standard
Desired skills and experience:
- Able to lift up to 16 kg & demonstrate microscopy equipment
- Degree in Biosciences or Biophysics related subject
- Understanding of laboratory environment, microscopy industry & live cell imaging biological applications.
- At least 3 years' experience working with advanced light microscopy systems, e.g. confocal, super-resolution, high content and multiphoton systems
- At least 3 years' experience of advance image acquisition and analysis software packages
- Competent in Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook, databases & internet
- Able to apply knowledge of physics, optics, biology to provide innovative solutions to meet customer application and scientific requirements.
- Able to assimilate and apply new applications and product capabilities
- Ability to put the customer's requirements first
- Able to deliver consistently high quality customer service
- Able to organise/prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to convey complex technical information, written and verbal, to both experts and non-experts
- Interest in science, microscopy, scientific imaging
- Interests involving others
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to build rapport, and to influence & engage at all levels of business
- Outgoing and confident
- Able to work as a team member as well as being able to work independently and efficiently from home, with strong time-management skills
- Live, or be prepared to relocate to, within, an hour's commute of central London
- Able to travel frequently to key accounts within central London e.g. UCL, KCL, ICL, The Crick Institute Oxford and further afield to support other team members
- Current UK driving licence
- Able to work long days, be absent overnight & travel abroad occasionally
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Subsistence allowance
- Travel allowance
- Private medical & dental insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance/Income protection insurance
- Holidays: 27 days per year, rising to 32 with years of service
Founded in Japan in 1917, Nikon is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and instrument technology. Globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance, the unique strength of the Nikon brand is attributable to the company’s unwavering commitment to quality, performance, technology and innovation.
Across the world, the business employs over 20,000 people with a geographical footprint spanning Asia, Europe, North America, South America and, of course, Japan where the company is headquartered.
Nikon UK is based in central Surbiton and is the site for Nikon’s Imaging and Instruments business. Nikon is a well-established brand within the Northern Europe market, with sales in excess of £80 million in the UK. Around 80 employees are based either in the field or in our central Surbiton office. The company has a dynamic, inclusive and collaborative culture, where people succeed on ability and merit. With a strong focus on teamwork, employee engagement and sustainability, there is a strong sense of company identity.
For further information, please visit www.microscope.healthcare.nikon.com
If you are interested and would like to apply, please click ‘Apply’ at the top of the page, and reference the specific role that you are interested in applying for.
We will be in touch should Nikon be able to offer you a potentially suitable career opportunity.